This Page

has been moved to new address

The M.A.C. Breakup of '07 And What Revived My Quest for Fabulous Makeup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fashionista +: The M.A.C. Breakup of '07 And What Revived My Quest for Fabulous Makeup
The M.A.C. Breakup of '07 And What Revived My Quest for Fabulous Makeup

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Like honey to a bee, every fashionista loves herself some fabulous makeup. See, there are some things that will always (or mostly) fit - shoes, handbags, scarves, jewelry and makeup. So it's no surprise that should you come into my house you will see shoes, handbags, scarves, jewelry and makeup - lots of makeup.

As I've discussed before over at Just Because..., M.A.C. and I had a bit of a split. I turned to Bobbi Brown for inspiration after their Stonewashed Nudes palette and was happy - for a short while. Then M.A.C. just kept sending me email after email going "Look at this new collection, Lys" or "I have a sale for you". I mean, barrage after barrage. It made me think - did I really need to turn my back on M.A.C.? Perhaps we might still be friends. Or, can you really go back?

Then, one evening, I was watching YouTube and there was this kick butt tutorial on how to get a fabulous eye look. Well the gal that did the tutorial, Melissa aka HoneyBee9695, is a true fashionista and knows her brands.

After watching a couple videos, I was inspired to see what I had, didn't have in my overabundance of makeup kits. That, in turn, sent me packin' straight to the M.A.C. counter. My wallet is protesting, but whatever, right?

There are quite a few great tutorials and you might want to check out her channel HERE.

But, for now, check out her opinion on what every gal needs for her M.A.C. Starter Kit:

Oh - and the outcome of the M.A.C. Breakup of '07?

4 trips to M.A.C. later and I'm happy to report, we've reconciled. Bobbi's a little miffed but c'mon.

Can't we all get along?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home