This Page

has been moved to new address

Fall Into Fashion: Macy*s Gets Sassy...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fashionista +: Fall Into Fashion: Macy*s Gets Sassy...
Fall Into Fashion: Macy*s Gets Sassy...

Friday, October 12, 2007

Now, like many other plus size fashionistas I know, often when I would hear "you should check out [insert department store name here]" I would groan. Why, you ask? Well, because I knew that the fashions available at these various department stores would either: (a) not be sized right; (b) be granny style; and/or (c) just not me.

I was fashionable. I was chic. My butt, however, was not and knew that no matter how hard I huffed and puffed, I would not be able to fit into the fashions that other gals would be rockin'. So, I had to accept that I would have to resort to seeing the "Softer Side of [insert Anonymous Store Name]".

Let me let you in on a little secret. Reese is a fashion plate. Since I've known her, she's always been on the front lines when it comes to fashion. She would kick my butt into gear with her texts of "Must Check Out Nordys" or "Macy*s Has New Line" or "did you see ---". See, she's in the land of starlets and they have great fashion; me - I'm in the land of Mickey Mouse and tourist hell - two vastly different regions of fashion.

Well, no more my friends - no more.
Macy*s has really outdid themselves this season and here are a few of my favorite pics and, ever since they've had Clinton Kelly (yes of What Not To Wear Fame) and his fashion forward thinking, their fashion for the plus size gal is on point. Let's gaze at a few gems, shall we?

First of all, I picked up this little
silver top last night, on sale, and it is delish!! Drapes well, just the right amount of bling and chic!



This Leather Jacket is my DREAM item. We saw this in Philly and it made my heart beat. LOVE this little leather jacket. (Again - I may live in Florida but mark my words - that jacket will be mine by the holidays!)



I love this Teal Sweater for casual days at the office, dinner/coffee with friends, etc. So sophisticated.



I'm on the fence about this
Black Trapeze Top. I think it looks magnificent in the photos, but it warrants a try on, don't you think?



This was on Clinton's picks and I can see why. Who wouldn't silence a room in this stunning Purple and Black Giraffe Print Dress.






Also, Clinton picked out this
Black Lace Top as something that needs to be in the wardrobe arsenal...



I will honestly say I am not a fan of Michael Kors (something about painful shoes), but this
Michael Kors Houndstooth Swing Jacket is di-vine!




Finally, as we are in Trench Season, what about this gorgeous Metallic Trench to complete an outfit? Breathtaking...



You might want to know this -
Macy*s is having a HUGE Sale this weekend - trust me the finds on those clearance racks are too good to pass up - and shhhh.. that silver top was on one of them... ;) If anyone finds any other good fashion finds, drop us a line in the comments.

Happy Shopping!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home